Sisterfields Jakarta - PIK Avenue

The long-awaited Sisterfields Jakarta has opened last March 2018 at PIK avenue!
ps: this picture wasn't taken by me.
Some of you might familiar with Sisterfields as a good and Instagramable brunch at Bali. The cafe which originally and iconic at Seminyak, Bali; offers all-day brunch menus along with coffee, cocktails, and desserts.

I visiting Sisterfields [with two of my friends] one week after their opening, on Saturday, after lunch time (probably around 2-3pm). Guess what, we are on a waiting list with 10people above us. After waiting for almost 1.5hours, the hostess assists us to a small table on the corner near the entrance which supposedly fit for 2 peoples only.  It's pretty understandable since Sisterfields is newly opened, and it was weekend too.


After getting seated, the waitress gives us some recommendation and offer me to try their new menu which she told me it was a ' Crispy Salmon Skin'. Getting confused, I am thinking that kind of salmon skin that we used to eat at Sushi Tei as appetizers or light bites. She clears up the confusion by telling me that, this dish which she called ' Crispy Salmon Skin' had Salmon steak, Salmon Skin, poached egg, mashed potato, and such sides with a big portion that enough for sharing for 2people.Tempted and curious about her suggestion I agreed to take it as my main course. As we decide what to eat and so on, we ended up ordering Pulled Pork Roll, Sisterfields Big Breakfast, Crispy Skin Salmon (which she mistakenly told me Crispy salmon skin), Jump Start Smoothie, Chai Latte, Earl Grey.

Earl Grey Tea - IDR 40k
After waiting for around 25mins, our drink being served.
Jump Start Smoothie - IDR 60k
The Jump Start smoothie contains mixed berries, plain yoghurt, almond milk, honey, granola, and mint. It does sound refreshing indeed. Despite its pretty presentation, it tastes so bland for me and my friends. It wasn't sour neither sweet, it just tastes like a thick water for me. taste so bland tho.
Iced Chai Latte - IDR 35k
As a big fan of Chai Latte, this one taste just so-so. Quite strong cinnamon scent which I liked but yeah, again.. taste bland.
Pulled Pork Roll with Charcoal Bun - IDR 110k
Pulled Pork Charcoal Roll {fennel and cabbage coleslaw, French fries, House-Made BBQ sauce}. Its tender, loaded with flavor, sweet, smoky and tangy bbq sauces accompanied with the crunch of fresh coleslaw give a contrasting taste which is balancing the dominant bbq sauce tastes.

Sisterfields Big Breakfast - IDR 125k
Their Big Breakfast serves bacon, roasted tomato, potato rosti, egg yours way, hollandaise, and sourdough. This dish perfect for anyone who loves breakfast; it simple, clean, tasty and safe choices if you are afraid to try 'new' taste. Plus point for it Hollandaise.

Crispy Skin Salmon - IDR 120k
[ The bottom one with a pretty instagramable presentation; I forgot to take individual pics of it.]
Earlier, I've mentioned that the waitress offered me this new menu and I was tempted. Originally I want order Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl (120k). As the explanation of the server before, I waited with high expectation that this food must be good, and at least big portion. My food comes the last, probably around 20mins after all the food was served; and I was like "Seriously?"

Found this pict on Bali Food Safari website
I was pissed off. Okay, let's get it straight; what she meant was Crispy Skin Salmon which Salmon that being grilled/oven until the skin was crisp, not crispy salmon skin that she mentioned. Where's the mashed potato that she mentioned? It was a freakin baby potatoes! and hell no, for 120k why my Salmon so tiny? It wasn't even half size of iPhone 5 ! Again, she told me that the portion was huge and I should share this for 2people. Come on...

I was about to complain at first, but I was thinking "Maybe it taste good since it looks so pretty".

also on google. 
First bites describe everything. I don't like it at all. I must say I hate it. {based on my personal preference ya, maybe you have different taste tho} 
Asked both of my friends to try this and they told me it's a big NO NO. It's 1 out of 5 for me.

I am so disappointed with this so-called " Crispy Skin Salmon" [poached eggs, lemon & pea smash, baby radish, potato, sauce gribiche, lemon oil] which doesn't meet her explanation at all. I hate it so much till I forgot to take an individual picture of it even though it's pretty.

It's so hard to find any photos of this dish. I didn't found any on Instagram, I don't know why. But I barely managed found two on google. yupp. only two...... I guess this dish wasn't recommended at all. haha 




Overall, I might say that I got bad impression through Sisterfields Jakarta, but maybe it just unlucky me that got tried bad menu, and maybe because of a hectic weekend, the quality wasn't monitored and well controlled. I think I may visit Sisterfields again in the future IF my friends/ relatives ask me to hang out over there. But if I ask my friend to hang out, sisterfields would be my last choices. 
I should order this Avocado toast instead of the so called Crispy Skin Salmon

Comments

Popular Posts